- The RM of Sifton performs custom work and rents out equipment that it owns from time to time.
- In order to maintain consistency, rates should be set out prior to the work or rental taking place.
- The purpose of this policy is to establish rates for custom work and equipment rental for the Municipality and the ratepayers it serves.
- The RM of Sifton shall refer requests for custom work and rentals to local private operators where available.
- The Municipality may enter agreements with other municipalities and/or provincial/federal agencies for custom work and the rates to be charged will be in accordance with the Manitoba Heavy Construction Annuals rates or as to be determined by both parties.
- Requests for Custom Work to be done outside the physical boundaries of the Municipality are to be at the discretion of the whole of Council.
- Fuel surcharge may be applicable at the time of request if work location is outside the municipality.
- Where the custom work or equipment is not readily available from private operators, and the Public Works staff together with the CAO and/or Administrative Assistant determines that the Municipality’s employees and equipment under their authority may be made available, the following rates shall be used:
Custom Work Rates
|Equipment||Within Sifton||Outside Sifton|
|Grader (with operator)||$100.00/hour (Minimum Charge $20.00)||$120.00/hour (Minimum Charge $20.00)|
|Grader w/Snow Wing (with operator)||$100.00/hour (Minimum Charge $20.00)||$120.00/hour (Minimum Charge $20.00)|
|Grader with Sod Mulcher and Side Mount Mower (with operator)||$130.00/hour||$150.00/hour|
|Cat (with operator)||$110.00/hour||$130.00/hour|
|Cat and scraper (with operator)||$120.00/hour||$160.00/hour|
Mobile Dumpster Rental Rates
$ 150.00 per use
- Council decides if dumpster is emptied on site or if trailered to Waste Transfer Site on a “case by case” basis.
- The use of the mobile dumpster is limited to 1 week per customer.