Wholesome, friendly hospitality, fun events and adventure awaits! All within a picturesque landscape of Rolling Sand-hills and the Assiniboine River Valley located on Highway #1 only 15 minutes east of Virden and 30 minutes west of Brandon.
The RM of Sifton has much to offer families and visitors. To learn more about us explore our website or give us a call. We hope you choose us for a vacation, visit or better yet, a place to live!
Enjoy lake life to the fullest at Oak Lake!
- Oak Lake Beach Resort and Provincial Park, Cherry Point Resort & Interpretive Trail,
- Oak Island Resort Campground, marina and 18-hole golf course,
- Deleau Centennial Park, Jiggens Bluff along Plum Creek for fantastic bird-watching,
- Oak Lake (Town) 9-hole golf course, Ox ‘n’ Cart Lion’s Campground, Aspen Grove Campground,
- Meandher Creek Farm (Pumpkin Patch) and Eternal Springs Walking Trails,
- Oak Lake provides recreation opportunities year-round with boating and fishing in the summer to ice-fishing and snowmobiling in winter. Don’t miss our annual Fire Fighter’s Fish Derby every January!
Several small communities exist within the RM you can call home.
- Quiet small villages like Griswold and Deleau,
- Cottage Country resorts of Oak Lake Beach Resort and Cherry Point Resort, and
- located on Highway #1 is the Local Urban District of Oak Lake, where the historic Ox-Cart Trail runs through. You’ll want to see Isaac the Ox – our mascot – at Isaac Park on Cameron Street!
Visit our Property Listings page to find your future home!
Find a local contractor to build or renovate click here.
Our Recreation, School and Child Care
In addition to the above, RM of Sifton boasts a newly renovated Community Hall with a fully-equipped Community Commercial Kitchen. Also in Oak Lake is the Oak Lake and District Arena, and curling rink. Oak Lake is home to the K-8 Fort la Bosse Community School and Care Centre!
Our Business Directory
Within the RM are many small businesses such as canteen restaurant, grocery store, credit union, museums, antique stores, seasonal restaurants like the Creamee in Oak Lake Beach and the new Joe Dandy’s Drive-In in the town of Oak Lake.
Visit our Business Directory Listings page to find more services!